American Concrete Company (ACC), a related entity of Hamilton Construction Co. based in Coburg, OR, is looking for a Dispatcher. American Concrete has been in business for 37 years and is reputable, respected and licensed in all Western States. We supply our employees with an equipment yard, well-maintained equipment, office, a safe work environment, and technical training and support. This dispatcher position is in charge of scheduling equipment and field employees. The company is well known in the industry for a safety first culture and building careers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the Construction field with Safety, Management, a basic understanding of equipment and scheduling.
Duties will include:
- Scheduling work for customers, between 3 yard locations (Coburg, OR – Eugene area; Canby, OR – Portland Area; and Olympia, WA).
- Coordinating equipment and field crews to perform the scheduled work, with input from various estimators and managers.
- Arrive early at times for crew collaboration, making work assignments, and keeping field crews busy with tasks – from the field to the shop.
- Coordination with Shop Mechanic for equipment repairs /readiness, additional labor needs and service requirements.
- Periodic site visits to oversee production, learn equipment use and limitations, plan and participate in equipment and safety training for field personnel; and verify job completion status.
- Provide simple basic pricing for various services on occasions. And an opportunity to learn some small project estimating of our services.
- Interviewing and employment selection process, monitoring need for labor and coordinating those needs with other managers.
- Participate in annual crew reviews, advancement and managerial decisions regarding employees.
- See that employees are recording time properly on electronic tablets and coordinate with Payroll Administrator.
- Understanding company policies and employment policies, to assure compliance. Same for all safety requirements.
- Hold weekly and monthly safety meetings and coordinate training for same.
- Oversee upcoming procurement needs—materials, consumables and equipment and relay to managers.
Applicants serious about building a career with one of the leading specialty concrete companies in the Pacific Northwest are welcome to apply.
A pre-employment drug screen is required. Background check required, due to the sensitive nature of the position, with access to human resources and financial information. A valid drivers license is a must.
ACC has three locations: 1) The Main office – in Coburg, Oregon. 2) The Canby, Oregon office, serving the Portland metro. Area; and 3) The Olympia Washington office, serving Southwest Washington. The ideal candidate would generally reside in the Coburg, Oregon office. However, occasional visits to the other 2 office locations will be necessary. All applicants please send resume with references, or a note describing your experience to General@AmericanConCo.com or by fax 541-726-8146. For more information and to fill out an application online, please visit our website: www.AmericanConCo.com
This is a full-time position, offering a highly competitive compensation package:
- Salary, from $41,600 annual to $80,000 – depending on experience.
- Health Insurance – fully paid for employee, 95% paid for employee and family.
- Company 401K plan, with 8% Gross wage contribution.
- Health Reimbursement Account (H.R.A.) of $40/week.
- Paid Vacation in addition to sick leave.
- Paid Holidays, 7 each after 1 year.
- Potential auto allowance plan based on travel desires.
Thank you for considering our opportunity.
Hamilton Construction Co. and American Concrete Company (also known as American Concrete Cutting). and all related entities are Equal Opportunity Employers.